- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 red potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes about the size of the chickpeas
- 2 carrots, cut into ½-inch rounds
- 1 small dried chile
- 1.2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 2 plump garlic cloves mashed with ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup peeled, diced yams
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked, or 2 15-ounce cans, rinsed
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it’s lightly colored, stirring occasionally about 8 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, yams, carrots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add chickpeas, season with 1-teaspoon salt and a few twists from the pepper mill, and add water.
- Cover and simmer gently until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Taste for salt and stir in the chopped fresh herbs
- Carbohydrates 32 g
- Fats 12 g
- Protein 11 g
- Sugar 17 g
12PM, 7PM, Energy, Focus, Relaxation, Dinner