There's a lot of information out there about Intermittent Fasting that can either show to be beneficial for your hormones, your mind and your weight or harmful. I spend a lot of time researching, listening to podcast and taking workshops on this topic.
Here's what I have learned so far:
- when the body is overfed it starts to cause inflammation
- When the body is overfed the body solely concentrates on breaking down the food instead of burning off necessary fats
- When the body is over fed, the body is continuously digesting taking blood flow away from the brain and other
- Intermittent fasting allows the body to change functions of the hormones of cells and genes, giving your body a necessary flush, allowing it to operate at its most optimal potential
- Intermittent fasting Can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. Oxidative stress is an imbalance of free radicals (toxins in the body) and it lowers our antioxidants (antioxidants are our disease fighters in the body)
- Intermittent fasting can be helpful for heart health, because it has been shown to improve blood pressure, sugar levels, inflammatory markers, and LDL (our bad cholesterol)
- Retreating from your normal daily eating habits through intermittent fasting helps your body come back to homeostasis
- What we have created here at Joule Fast is a retreat for the body to experience the benefits of Intermittent Fasting without the trauma of starving. Us Women, who created this, are empowered to give women the hormonal, mental, and emotional health back to them in a simple easy to follow Fasting Program.
So there you have it.
Hope this answers all of your questions, or at least some.
Need more support?
Don't hesitate to reach out. I am an Internationally certified Health and Nutrition coach since 2009. I've worked with thousands of clients on their health, wellness and weight-loss journeys. So if you have questions. Reach out.
set up an initial session: https://yourguthealer.as.me/30-minutes-business