Inspired by the Latino culture one I am familiar with. Growing up Puerto Rican made me appreciate the flavors of cilantro and garlic as well as the diversification of rice and beans. This wrap is powered by plants with earths medicine.
Latina Fiesta Wrap
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOFRITO
- Using food processor, combine sofrito ingredients, process thoroughly until smooth, set aside
FOR BROWN RICE
- Put brown rice and water together in a pot with a lid. Use the ratio of 1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice. …
- Set the heat to maximum, and bring the rice/water to a boil uncovered. …
- Turn off the heat, and let the rice sit in the covered pot for another 10 minutes
TO MAKE WRAP
- In separate saucepan add prepared 3 tablespoons of sofrito (refrigerate the rest. last up to 1 month), broth and beans.
- Cook until heated thoroughly,
- Combine cooked rice, 1/4 cup water
- Mix well, set aside.
- Assemble by placing collard green of clean surface, glossy side down.
- Add 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup beans, rice and carrots. Roll tightly, pushing in overflowing filling
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup cilantro
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ⅔ cup potassium broth
- prepared sofrito recipe
- 1/2 cup bone broth or water
- 1 cups cooked Kidney beans
FOR COLLARD WRAPS
- ½ carrots, peeled and grated
- 6 collard greens, washed, destemmed, coated with 2 teaspoons olive oil and pinch of salt
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Detox, Dinner, Focus, gut-health, health, lunch, Vegan