Meal prepping is necessary if you want to eat healthy while saving money and time doing so. A really simple recipe that can be preserved in your fridge for up to 5-days and still hold its flavor and nutritional value is an overnight seed and oatmeal. All you'll need besides the ingredients are mason jars to store in your fridge.
The basics of overnight oats and seeds meal:
- Oats and chia:these 2 ingredients are needed for the pudding texture you want for this meal
- Nut Milk: You need for your oats and/or chia to do their thing. Here are some options: almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, or oat milk.
- Greek or vegan yogurt (optional): This gives a creamy texture, provides probiotics and more healthy fat
- Sweetener (optional): Use honey, date syrup, or maple syrup to sweeten the mixture. You can also add fruits like blueberries or strawberries
- Toppings: This is where we add the seeds your gut, your hormones, your cholesterol, and your insulin will love.
Here is a great recipe with some optional add-ons depending on your preferred palette.
- ½ cup nut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup yogurt (plant-based or dairy)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- some Celtic sea salt to taste
- some chopped-up dates or raisins for sweetener
- some blueberries
9AM, 12PM, 7PM, Detox, Breakfast, Energy, gut health, lunch