Who doesn't like a meat ball. Herbs, eggs, bread and spices all rolled up into small balls you can add onto your spaghetti. Thank you to all the places in the world that taught us of this great meal, but today we know the impact of eating too much animal products or gluten and we care about our bodies and minds so we need to be mindful of the ingredients we choose and that is why I created this recipe.
The gut thrives when it's given this high vibrating ingredients that help to bring on gut-health. This is a plant-based gluten-free version of spaghetti and meatballs.
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 1 cup carrot, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp chia + (2) 3 tbsp water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tbsp water, mixed
- 1 cup zucchini and arugula salad seasoned with salt, olive oil, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the lentils with two quarts of water in a medium-sized stockpot and bring to a boil over a high flame.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the lentils are soft but not falling apart (about 25 minutes– may take a bit longer) – DO NOT OVERCOOK THE LENTILS
- Strain the lentils through a colander and allow to cool
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 2 oz balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 3 – 5 minutes then serve with salad
- Calories 160
- Protein 7g
- Carbs 16g
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Detox, Dinner, Energy, Flatter Belly, Gut Health, lunch, Vegan, Weight-loss