I find it simple and fast using nori to roll my veggies. The trick is not let it get too moist or have it be too dry. It's definitely a balancing act, but isn't' that life! I especially liked this recipe because of the jicama spread. It gives a nice hearty consistency to keep you satiated, yet not bloated or foggy-brained.
- Roll Filling/ Assembly: 20 sheets nori
- Prepared “rice” mixture
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots (Carrots may be tossed in lemon juice to preserve)
- 2 cups peeled and julienned cucumbers
FOR JICAMA SPREAD
- 1 jicama, peeled, roughly chopped
- 4 cups sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- On a clean surface lay one sheet nori, sleek shiny side DOWN.
- Spread about ¼ cup “rice” mixture on the bottom half of nori sheet, leaving ½” space at the bottom. Rice should only spread half way up the sheet.
- Midway over the rice mixture, align a strip of carrot and a strip of cucumber, lengthwise, across the surface.
- Using clean hands, roll nori sheet from the bottom and roll away from you, in one fluid motion, making a long sleek tube.
- Before the nori is fully rolled, swipe the small strip of nori at the top of the roll, with fresh water to help seal the roll.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until all rolls are prepared. Set rolls aside and let nori dry before slicing and packaging.
- Serve with Nori roll dipping sauce
FOR CAULIFLOWER MASH
- In food processor puree jicama until finely chopped, resembling small grains. syrup, and apple cider vinegar.
- Drain jicama using a sieve, press to release excess water, may be pressed several times.
- Add drained jicama back to a food processor and add soaked sunflower seeds, salt, maple
- Process until a smooth, dough-like consistency is created. Scraping food processor down with rubber spatula to fully incorporate all ingredients is necessary
12PM, 7PM, Detox, Dinner, Flatter Belly, Vegan